Connecting a Button pad to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GST_Nem

i would like to know how i could connect a tounch button number pad like the one here: (just the pad not the pcb seen there)

**broken link removed**

to a PICAXE chip using their flowchart software using only 4 inputs. how can i do this?

oh yeh i see it, one problem tho, i would like to know how to do it with the flowsheet software, i think i get whats going on tho. when the button is pressed it inputs a column and a row and works out which is the right button being pressed from that right? well that uses 7 inputs, i might be able to get 7 inputs if i get rid of the 3 i was already using but is there a way to use only four?

Don't think you can?, these keypads are normally multiplexed and so you can't even wire them differently.

If you really can't afford the pins?, use a second PIC, scan the keypad with it and send the data via a single pin serial link.

well these chips have analoge input so i might able to do something with that, but for what its worth i recon i could use all the pins. check out this bit of flowchart i made, is this how it should work? pin 0-2 = columns 1-3, and pins 3-6 = rows 1-*. variables 10=* 11=#. b0 = button being pressed.

Attachments

• code_part_7.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 318
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…