Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

confused on all the types of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kud0s

hello, im just starting out to lern pics i did a quick search but could't find the answer to my question,

can someone explane what is the meaning of the end two/three letters on the pic number eg.

PIC16F873-04/P
PIC16F876-04/SP
PIC16F872-I/SP
PIC16F872-I/SP
PIC16C711/JW

etc, im refearing to the parts in bold

probly simple explanation :roll: but hay we all start some where right.

thanks
robert

04/P means that microchip recommends that this specific part should be used with a crystal having a maximum frequency of 4MHz and the package of the part is Plastic DIP

04/SP means the same as far as the frequency is concerned but SP tells you that the package is a skinny plastic DIP.

in I/SP the I means that the part is an industrial grade part and i have already told you about the SP

JW tells you that the part is a windowed part.

i hope that helps

thanks for that

all is clear to me now, new it was somethink as simple as that but didt know what quite lol 8)

Microchip data sheets

The package information for each of Microhip's device families can usually be found in the data sheets. Visit their website https://www.microchip.com/ and take a look at the product pages. There will be links specifc to each device family e.g.: **broken link removed** A very user friendly website IMHO :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back