Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conditioning circuit for a pressure sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheera

hello

i am trying to build a conditioning circuit for a pressure sensor and i could really use some help to figure out what can be the options for resistance measurement if i do not want to use wheatstone bridge. the sensor is have significant change in resistance also i am using Arduino uno.
Thank you in advance

Welcome to ETO, dheera.

Please provide the Brand/model# of the sensor.

Welcome to ETO, dheera.

Please provide the Brand/model# of the sensor.
Hi ,there is no brand name the prototype is still under research. I can only tell this much that the output resistance is changing significantly that's why I do not want to use wheatstone bridge.

the output resistance is changing significantly
What is the resistance at minimum pressure that you are interested in. What is the resistance at maximum pressure you want to measure.
I did not say min. and max. that the sensor can read.

Also, is the output linear, logarithmic, or what, over the range ronsimpson referenced.

If the sensor's output is not linear, you will have to establish a series of data points of the sensor's output range of interest. This will allow you to assign an appropriate mathematical expression to represent the sensor's responses to changes in pressure.

Once you've established the correct formula that best mimics the signal's swing characteristics, you can include that formula within the software program for the Arduino to "condition" the signal (fed into one of the Arduino's ADC ports) for you needs.

And, since we don't know the sensor's wiring requirements (can you provide them?), a schematic (I'm envisioning a simple precision resistance voltage divider, powered by the 5VDC of the Arduino) will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back