Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Condensor mic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I've got this mic that has three wires. It says that there is the ground and output (obviously), but another wire says it has optional coupling. I know wut coupling is, but, I don't get it. It also says that it will respond to -5 db @ under 30 hz. Is there such a thing as negative hz?

zachtheterrible said:
I've got this mic that has three wires. It says that there is the ground and output (obviously), but another wire says it has optional coupling. I know wut coupling is, but, I don't get it. It also says that it will respond to -5 db @ under 30 hz. Is there such a thing as negative hz?

You can't have a negative frequency.

Condensor microphones often require a power supply - usually 48V for professional ones - your third connection could be power.

Nigel is correct, but the 48VDC is normally used in pro-audio mics.If what You have is just a little button with an small audio cable and a red wire , you can try a 9Vdc battery it should work fine. Radio Shack used to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back