Computer power supplies - How do I get power out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

I had an old Dell desktop, (Dimension XPS D266) and took some parts from it to sell on eBay after getting a new Acer Aspire desktop.

Anyways the power supply from it, (Dell Model #: Dell PS-5201-1D) has a bunch of old style connectors and wires.
I kept the group of wires that went to each push on connector in place with zip ties but tossed all the connectors so I could just add any type of new connectors to the wires.

Well I fired up the power supply by plugging in the 120V power cord bu the fan wont turn on and I'm not getting any power out of the unit. I figure there must be some type of connection between two or more wires at the main 19 wire connector that normally goes to the motherboard.

I'm looking for any info I can get to get this unit up and running...like a wiring layout or data sheet....anything.

Thanks

Try short (connect & remove) the two wires that is PS ON (green) & the GROUND (black) wire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…