Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Computer parallel port help..plz read once 2010-09-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizala

sizala submitted a new article:

computer parallel port help..plz read once - hello friends,

i am trying to make a 3 Axis 3 axis cnc router. i want to control the 3 stepper

hello friends,

i am trying to make a 3 Axis 3 axis cnc router. i want to control the 3 stepper motors with a parallel port...

MY PROBLEM IS = i bought a usb to parallel converter bcoz my laptop does not have any parallel port (**broken link removed**)

now when i try to turn on some leds (I/O Ports Uncensored - 1 - Controlling LEDs (Light Emiting Diodes) with Parallel Port -...

Read more about this article...

First, you don't mention which operating system you are running?

Next, if you read the article in detail you will see plenty of refrences to the port address schemes. This is where a problem like yours frequently exist using adapters as you are doing. Also, note the author's mention of inpout32.dll and see where he calls it up in his code.

Mr. Eric Gibbs is a forum member who has written quite a lot of code for communicating with the parallel port, you may want to look over some of the parallel port threads he has posted in. Eric provided you plenty of information in your thread on this subject.

Anyway, I would venbture your problem is address issues as a result of the adapter and the port not being at the address the software would like to see it at.

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back