Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computer monitor repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

wejos

INTRO to repairing CRC monitors.

Safety. Basic components. How to discharge the stored electricity.

TY for any help.

sorry for the late reply but when i discharge a CRT i use a long flat blade screw driver and a clip lead. the clip lead, one end goes to ground the other end is clipped to the shaft of the screw driver, then it's a matter of slipping the end under the 2nd anode cup till i make contact

Discharge the anode and then wait a couple of minutes and do it again.

I didn't think anybody repaired CRT's anymore. They are so cheap they are disposable.

Last edited:
I collect very old televisions so i will allways be doing this from time to time, even my hdtv is a crt type, when i bought it, it was better then the LCDs of the time, not to mention it will still do 1080p at 1/3rd the cost. just can't mount it on a wall, or lift the beast

Discharge the anode and then wait a couple of minutes and do it again.

I didn't think anybody repaired CRT's anymore. They are so cheap they are disposable.

I tried to give a couple of nice, working, Sony 19 inch CRT monitors to GoodWill and they would not accept them.

I think I paid $400 apiece for them ten years ago.

I tried to give a couple of nice, working, Sony 19 inch CRT monitors to GoodWill and they would not accept them.

I think I paid $400 apiece for them ten years ago.
I couldn't give away my working 19" CRT monitor either. We have an annual garbage pickup here and I set it out on the curb.

and hopefully it's not an AMDEK monitor...... nice picture when they work, but the glass in the CRT had a terrible dielectric absorption problem. you would discharge the tube when taking it apart, but in a few days it was almost fully charged again, so i got in the habit of leaving a clip lead attached between the anode cap and the ground strap while the monitor was awaiting parts. not sure how many other CRT's had this problem, but it really doesn't hurt to make sure... (and really can hurt if you don't).....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back