Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Interfacing Project(Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
goblin_techies said:
what X,Y,Z axis sir?

Umm, wow... I really don't have the time to explain it...

Basically it is your three dimensions of space you know, up/down, left/right, forward/backwards.

Remind me again what you are going to school for?

How about... a pc stepper operated hour glass. Use some sensor to determine when all the sand has fallen. You can do trials and test for accuracy of various glasses or environmental effects..

I've also always wanted to make a clock out of spheres like billard balls, where the digits 1-9 are distributed over the surface. An 2 axis driver similar to an inverted ball mouse assembly under each sphere rotates to display the correct time.

Last edited:
a good suggestion there about the pc stepper hour glass and rotating "balls" assembly,sir. Pls describe more...

by the way it's still a clock.
for measuring time,well if time doesn't permit i'll go w/ your suggestion.

Well,another thing, automatic pcb design etcher instead of a CNC mill, may be it feasible?

Umm, they are technically the same thing...

Sandeep John said:
Are u interested in Power Line Comminication.. A simple project.. But can br very effective..

Yeh, i'm slightly interested.
but sounds like electrical engineering to me.
Guve me some further explanation on how it works.:confused:

Ooh, that would be cool. No offence, but if he doesn't know what a CNC mill is, or the three dimensional axis, then i think this may be a bit over his/her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back