Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Door Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

njm0993

Hi i want to have sensors around my room that will interact with a web site so i can view the status. the site i have setup for this is **broken link removed** user name: admin password: admin .
Does anyone know any sensors that will connect to a computer and allow me to do this? thanks.

Whoa. :eek:

Do you mean like you say "password!!" the words'll be typed automatically?
If so, a voice recognition system perhaps serves that purpose. A mike, and a good software for signal processing perhaps.

Hmmmm I could't log on, but I like the idea. Vizier87, how did you get the idea he wants voice commands? I think he only wants to interface a couple sensors to his website. It seems to me he's gonna need special software. I did some experimentation using a camera to stream video over the internet. I discovered however that my video capture card wasn't campatable, but my low-quality webcam was. So, the only advise I can offer is to make sure whatever plug in you use to connect the sensor be compatable with the software you eventually use. This is a growing area of technology, not a mature one, IMO.

Vizier87, how did you get the idea he wants voice commands? I think he only wants to interface a couple sensors to his website. It seems to me he's gonna need special software.

I might have misinterpreted this:
saying when it is opened and closed.

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back