Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compressor wiring Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Dehumidifier compressor. There is three wires, a red a blue and a brown one. I was wondering if anyone knew which one would go to what. Start/Run? Common wire?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sounds as though you do not have the start capacitor there?
Measure the windings to identify the low resistance run and high(er) resistance run windings.
IOW identify the pair, the higher has the start capacitor in series.
Max.

Colors do not matter. Where they are hooked to do. Is there a capacitor ? Is there markings as C, S, R on the compressor terminals ?
refrigerator-compressor-relay-wiring-diagram-inspirational-ptc-valid-refrigeration-of.jpg

What is the HP, large caps are usually the start caps, which if it is a small motor, does not have, just a run cap which could as small as the one you describe, what is the markings, is it, or was it connected before?
Did you measure the windings?
Max.

No, I'm making a project out of it.
Specifically, a vacuum pump. I have no other real use for it. I just found it on the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back