Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

components

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochei80

hello guys, am a newbie and am just starting circuit building 1o1 but however its hard finding cheap components be it used, so i would appreciate it if anyone could refer me to a good source or sources of a wide variety of components (from resistors , transistors to ICs and others) and be they used too, i don't mind.
Thanks ,
M80

If we knew your location we might be able to help, otherwise find some old stuff, rip it apart and de-solder all the components, this is a good way to get components for FREE.

Thanks Ziggy for the reply, am in New York. I already have a few components ripped off from old circuit boards but it's hard finding my precise wanted components and values especially Ics and transistors or LEDs.I would greatly appreciate any help.
M80

you could try Radio Shack, i think Mouser and Digikey are also based in america, i live in England so i don't really know.

hope this helps:)

RadioShack have a few but the best source is E-Bay there are often lots for sale from businesses closing etc.

ebay is good, but be careful when buying capacitors as they often say 10mF meaning ten milli Farad when they mean 10 micro Farad 10uF, always read the markings on the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back