Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamil_NJ

Hi gentleman,

I need to identify the fallowing component:
Refer to fig. 1

This is the middle component between the "big" 45k resistor and "small" 37 k resistor.

It has 5 bands:
Orange, White, Orange, Red, White

I am suspecting that it is a resistor, as it reads a value of 39 k.
By using Electronics Assistant I calculated it to be 39.3 k resistor, but it’s the white band that throws me over. As you can se it’s clearly white, not silver.
For my project I have to be 100% curtain, but I do appreciate any additional comments and feedback.
I did test it for "Diode" using a DVM, and I concluded a negative response, as it works bi-polar.

Kamil Dzwonkowski

Electrical Project Engineer

kamilSDPC@aol.com

kd52@njit.edu

908-380-3885

Sundial & Panel Corp.

Instrument Display Systems and Components - Sun Dial & Panel Corporation

Does this page really needs to be printed?

Attachments

• DSC00862.JPG
    DSC00862.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 156
It is 39K. Put a 39k in the circuit and see if it works as before.

The red band indicates a tolerance of 2%.

Last edited:
Thank you very much... yes it a precise resistor and I believe that the white band indicates a temperature coefficient. Thanks for you professional advise.

Also I have another question regarding this project, and I will post it as a new thread. This has to do with testing.

Kamil Dzwonkowski

kamilSDPC@aol.com

kd52@njit.edu

908-380-3885

Sundial & Panel Corp.

Also I have another question regarding this project, and I will post it as a new thread.

Kamil Dzwonkowski

kamilSDPC@aol.com

kd52@njit.edu

908-380-3885

Sundial & Panel Corp.

Yes, be sure to post every question regarding this SAME PROJECT in its own thread. That way, you can spread your big huge advertising billboard "signature" around as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back