Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Componenets from ebay, so cheap, is there a catch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the stuff I've had off eBay (not much) so far has been good, or leastways, as good as I expected. Only problem I had was a 99p thermocouple plug which failed to arrive, I contacted the seller who sent another one out, still didn't arrive. Don't know what happened there, something to do with the mail I expect.

I have been buying off shore components for the last three years almost exclusively. I have only received one bad part in the entire time I have been doing this, I just received the defective part on Tuesday and it was a 16 key keypad and the numbers were in the wrong order. Other than that one sub par part I have never had any issues at all. I do however check every part I install prior ro installing it to make sure it conforms to the specs of the component. Never had a problem and for the money you cannot go wrong. Some will belabor the whole bootleg parts concern, but there are legit parts houses just trying to earn a living a 1/2 penny at a time. So I don't hesitate to buy off shore if the price and delivery schedule suits your needs. Good luck and have fun.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back