Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Complete noob here, need help purchasing a robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

edrod

Hello guys,

New (noob) member here. I am an undergrad and working in Engineering Psy lab. We work a lot on auditory related tasks. We want to buy a robot but we are having a very hard time finding one. Here are some of the requirements we need.

Wireless
- run via computer
Move around lab
Programmable via computer
-can code it to do simple tasks (move around etc)

We are looking to spent no more than $5,000. Sorry for the dumb noob questions, I hope you guys can help me.

Cheers

Dr Robot Inc.: WiFi 802.11 robot, Network-based Robot, robotic, robot kit, humanoid robot, OEM solution has a bunch for that. To me, they seem to be priced for lab budgets (ie. overpriced), but they are within your specified price and take care of a lot of things lab researchers do not want to deal with so they can focus on their research (ie. user interface, WiFI, mechanics, electrical, and sensors).

But what do yo mean by run via computer? PC? Or on-board computer? Because if you mean onboard computer, I'd be really careful about which robot you picked (unless you had the means to install whatever computer you wanted to).

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help. Sorry about that, I meant PC.

Does that mean we could save money looking somewhere else?

Well there is the 3pi from Polulu, cheap.

Or you could get one of those wireless Rabbit boards (BL45100 or 200) and replace the brains of a roomba with it.

Ambient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back