Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compensating the forward volage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper007

I have a question about this circuit.

Is 0.6 voltage drop od D1 enough to comepnsating forward voltage drop on D2 ?
I don't think so because there are another two resistors R1 and R2 which produce voltage drop ?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 139
i think...

R3 limits the current through D1 to stop a short circuit to ground, but enough to keep a 0.6 volt drop across D1.

R1 then limits the current from "in" to ground also preventing a short circuit to ground.

You'll find the voltage out will indeed be compensated, however if you draw too much current it will falter.

That circuit looks like it is designed for a small RF signal. D1 and D2 should be matched and thermally linked for best performance.
If you want a "perfect diode" for relatively low frequency signals then the OpAmp rectifier works well:
**broken link removed**

That circuit looks like it is designed for a small RF signal.
I agree. It looks like an envelope detector for an AM modulated RF or IF signal to recover the modulation (amplitude variations).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back