Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator Between A,B,C ? Check my answer PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMan2010

So the Problem says : Three Inputs A,B,C are three,Four and Five bits respictively, Write the expression that gives one logic output only when ( A=c<B ).

My Answer : ( A=c< B ) = [C4'.C3'.Xa2.Xa1.Xa0][B2.C2'+Xb2.B1.C1'+Xb2.Xb1.B0.C0']

where Xa= AC + A'B'
and
Xb= BC + B'C'

Am I right ??

Since C has 5 bits, C<B only when the m.s.b. of C (C4) is zero AND (the four rightmost bits of C are less than the four bits of B).

Doesn't that require a four-bit magnitude comparator followed by an AND gate to reduce that to a single bit output.

Further; a single XNOR will test that A is equal to that single output from the above.

SO i make AND between C4' & B>C out of comparator , ok i get that to make sure B>C, But I dont get the XNOR part ??

Prove that for 4 bit numbers, if B>C then it follows that C<B.

Define a one-bit variable X such that X = (C<B)

Now generate a one-bit output Y such that A=X. What logic does this?

Last edited:
Sorry :( Dont get how XNOR between A three bits and X one bit will satsify my desired output A=C<B ?

I may have confused you. I went back and reread the statement of the problem, and now I don't understand it?

What does A=B<C mean?

Does that mean that a single bit output (call it Y) is true if (A==B) AND (B>C)? [using equality == and relational > as in C].

My confusion is because A = (B<C) has a totally different meaning. It cant be this usage because the problem statement says that A is a 3 bit variable.

Last edited:
The statement IS A=C and C < B and i need Expression that gives logic 1 when this is verified "A=C" amd ""C < B"" , I dont know why you didnt check My Answer at post #1 ? And thank you for HelP, your effort is appreciated man.. I have an Exam On Combinational Circuits and sequential circuits Nxt Sunday :(

The statement IS A=C and C < B and i need Expression that gives logic 1 when this is verified "A=C" amd ""C < B"" , I dont know why you didnt check My Answer at post #1 ? And thank you for HelP, your effort is appreciated man.. I have an Exam On Combinational Circuits and sequential circuits Nxt Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back