Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

combustible gas leak detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Tech

I have a combustible gas leak detector with a adjustment pot on the front of the unit and it has become sloppy (horizontal play). I called manufacture to get a replacement pot and they no longer support the product. This is what I'm looking for
14192842798413.jpg
14192841859460.jpg
14192842798413.jpg
14192844242084.jpg

After you remove it, finding a replacement will be easier.

That is very likely a 2K ohm side-adjust trimmer pot like this: **broken link removed**

There are many brands to chose from.

OOPs, sorry. It is top adjust. Still same design and color.

Either the 331 or 202 is the size. 331 = 330 ohm, 202 = 2000 ohm. A simple VOM meter will tell the difference.

John

Last edited:
Ok, removed the part and ohm'ed it out. It is a 2k ohm rated pot, should have done that first. I like the higher quality pots you referenced but will a pot with multiple turns affect the operation if the one being replaced is only a 3/4 turn pot. I would seem that all you would have is a more precise value with it have more turns.

The original pot looks like a sealed type. That may be important for safety, given its use in a gas leak detector.

Yes ypu need something ex rated (flameproof).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back