Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Colpitts oscillator !!! frequency mistake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd-ghadab

Hello everyone I have faced very strange thing that calpp oscillator (Colpitts oscillator) have different frequency from formulas and big different !
I have used 100uH inductor which I measured its value 100% with inductance meter (and I bought it not made it)
Any way the idea is I always got a frequency about 2.6 MHz and smaller depending on capacitors values , with tow 39pF capacitors and 100uH inductor I must get around 3.6 MHz but I get 2.6 MHz with any capacitors values even with 2pF in other words I have removed the tow capacitors from the oscillator and the circuit still oscillating with 2.6 MHz !!!!!!!!
I can get higher frequency with different inductor only !
You can see real pictures circuit with oscilloscope and the simulated on multisim witch its results is very close to theoretical formulas.

Attachments

• cir.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 227
If you attach your files as simple jpg or similar, I will have a look.
I will not mess around unzipping unknown files.

JimB

i have solved the problem there is an affect called "parasitic parallel capacitance" with this RF Choke and now after changing the inductor type the problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back