Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coil Gun2

Status
Not open for further replies.

compute_a_nerd

Hi guys, I was reading david's post on the coil gun, and I went to the site he had on his post. I ripped The board out of a one time camera like it said, and then discharged the cap. I was such a chicken, I hooked the screwdriver up to a 5 foot long piece of wood lol. but it just sparked a little bit. anyway like most ppl know I'm a pretty big newb and I was wondering when the capcitor is hooked up to a AA battery how can it charge up to 300 vots? does it just continually draw energy from the battery, and then release it all in one pop, and if so why doesn't the battery go dead real soon.
Thanks for all the help
Chris

where do you get the number 300v? did you read that on the capacitor?

if its on the cap, then there is a step up transformer before the cap. not sure exactly how they do that because transformers only work with AC.. can someone explain how they can run DC to a transformer before running it to the cap?

actually I just read it on that site you had up, I was too chicken to go grab the capacitor to look lol.
thanks
Chris

dc transformer.

You were right transformers dont work with dc. first the person probably made a dc to ac circuit then hooked it up to the transformer. thats how he got the high voltages.

This looks like a good site. i just registered. i hope there are good things to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back