Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coding Help On PIC 16F627A To Parse Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlovell777

I'm working on a project to receive raw caller id data from a MT8841 IC and send it to a computer via RS-232 serial port using a MAX232. I need to send the caller id data in a special format. I need to implement the caller id data parsing in C so I can run it on the PIC micro. I have a general out line of what needs to happen and detailed specs of the incoming data but I lack the ability to code it. The specs can be found here http://www.geocities.com/jimlovell777/cid.txt I just need to extract the caller name, caller number and date time to be stored in three variable arrays so i can send them to the computer. Any solution of help would be very useful to me. I can try coding it if someone can just help me where I'm stuck, if someone wants to code it for me instead of taking the time to try to explain it to me then ok, I really mean anything would be a help. If someone would be willing to work with me to finish this project I'd be very grateful. Thanks for reading.

Start coding, when you get stuck post your code here, or on a PIC forum (there are a few out there) people will usually help, but no one's gonna write it for you. I'd recommend a forum dedicated to PIC's but some of the people here have experience with PICs and try to help.

Sceadwian thanks for the reply. At the time of my posting I had already written out all the code, it just didn't work. Over the next few nights I just stuck with it and debugged until I could do no more and eventually got it working. And thus brings about the conclusion of a long outstanding project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back