Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code lock with Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcioeld

Hi,

I'm interesting in a low cost circuit to open/close door by programable ode (4x4 pad).
This circuit will be used in a home automation project.
Anybody can help me?

regards

Marcio

Hey re ur question. i would advise a relatively small PIC with internal EEPROM where u could store ur code, if its a dedicated PIC on a small one off jobbie (ie, ur home) then i would recomend getting a numeric keypad that is a 1*12 latice on maby a 16F870
KISS phylisophy at play, its much simpler to code that, as on a standard numeric keypad! using portB and Cs interupt feature enabled on all pins, would make detecting a keypress simple the large 12bit counter with overflow to do that "no one has pressed a key, start looking for a code from the begging again" using the EEPROM as a simple lookup on each key press, using the EEPROM managements own indirection, ie. key press 0 would simple have to equal the byte stored at memory addres 0 for port B and memory address 1 for port C, a bit wastefull but when u have 128 bytes off it, a 64 key code would be long enough for anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back