Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coating PCBs with Parylene

Status
Not open for further replies.

tandoried

Does anyone have any personal experience coating PCBs with parylene? I have read a lot about [advert deleted - moderator] online but would really like to hear people's personal experiences before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Parylene is applied by vapour deposition so you need a vacuum chamber that is also equipped to do the job. That puts it beyond most individual users and even companies. Do you actually have access to the required equipment?

Does anyone have any personal experience coating PCBs with parylene? I have read a lot about [advert deleted - moderator] online but would really like to hear people's personal experiences before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

It works great. I've used it for various encapsulation projects but, if you've read a lot about parylene, why are you asking such an open ended question instead of anything specific?

Your vague question, coupled with the link to a small company website that answers ALL of the general questions you could abo PARYLENE makes me think that you may be the owner or a sales person for this company. If you are really a potential user, ask a specific question.

Last edited by a moderator:
We used it all the time at my old job. It's a very thin conformal coating that's chemical-resistant and great in harsh environments. I suggest having your PCB manufacturer apply it after they assemble your boards because, as mentioned, the equipment to do it yourself is usually out of reach for most people.

An extremely important thing to remember is, as others have explained, a vacuum deposited film. It will get deposited in every nook and component of the board.
Including inside the trimpots, as an acquaintance of mind found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back