Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CNC control in C

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK no worries but the only one I want to know is this : "But assuming you do want to, then simply download the C++ Arduino code, and convert it to C and to run on your processor - assuming your 8051 can meet the requirements?. "
The Arduino platform uses the AVR.. This chips capabilities out weigh the 8051 10:1.. The shield driver that turns the motors will be controlled by PWM signals directly from the AVR processor.. You would need external components t do this..

If you want to do this on a P89LPC952 / P89LPC954 you may struggle with memory as the AVR has 2k and they only have 256bytes... The AVR also has double the amount of program memory..

Lets not go there..... If you need to run a CNC from an Intel based system, you will need a lot of external peripherals.. I'm not saying it cannot be done, but you would need to know a lot more about the system and the software to get a CNC up and running..

OK no worries but the only one I want to know is this : "But assuming you do want to, then simply download the C++ Arduino code, and convert it to C and to run on your processor - assuming your 8051 can meet the requirements?. "

If you can't understand that, you're pretty well stuffed - no one here is going to do your school work for you, and you're unlikely to find anyone who's already done it (assuming it's even possible?) as it's such an incredibly stupid thing to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back