Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clone / read / write 555 TIMER CHIP? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have a 555 timer chip that I need to clone what is the correct way to read and write to the 555 chip? I got this chip from a friend in the states and is used for rapid fire in an xbox 360 controller only thing is, I live in the UK and getting my friend to send me another one is quite expensive on the post and time for it to arrive and wanted to know if there was a schematic I could follow with simple software to read and write to the chip, if you can help I dont mind paying for your help etc, please let me know

Ben

Are you talking about a standard everyday 555 timer chip? For example a LM555? As in small 8 pin little chip? Because if you are something is very, very wrong as you don't program (read from or write to) a 555 timer chip.

Ron

this is what I thought, the 8 pin chip is confirmed to be a 555 timer chip

ground - - not used
on/off - - right triger on controller
led - - left trigger on controller
3 power - - ground
_TT_ << notch

this is the properties of the chip any idea's or is it not a 555 timer chip, the more I look into it on you tube for "rapid fire xbox 360 chip" every states its a 555 timer 8 pin chip and have been told you cant programme this chip! so.... how was it made this way to function multiple modes etc?

Is this sort of what you are trying to do:

**broken link removed**

There is nothing programable here. All of the characteristics of this circuit are determined by the component values.

All of these components should be locally available at your suppliers such as RS and Maplin. Radio Shack has them too but IDK if they are in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back