Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clap switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the copper contacts of the board itself dont you normally turn it upside down and solder to the copper pad? also how did you etch it?

Ohh, yea most of the "copper paths" are on the bottom, but to avoid crossings a few of them are on the top, and there is pads on both the top and bottom..
I just created the layout in "ultiboard" then my engineering-school fabricated it with professinal gear, i dont know exactly how they did it..

I tried a brand new mic, it was completly the same problem.. What should i be measuring on the mic? i have an oscillosopce as well if its needed

I think you should measure the DC voltage at the collector of the first transistor to see if its incorrect biasing causes it to be saturated or cutoff.

I thought of someting else.. right when i plug the battery in, LED1 goes on.. so could the transistor is activated all the time? And then ofc there will be no effect from the microphone..

I thought of someting else.. right when i plug the battery in, LED1 goes on.. so could the transistor is activated all the time? And then ofc there will be no effect from the microphone..

I measured there is constant 9V on PIN2 of IC1, i guess this means the transistor is saturated all the time.. Why would it do this?

I measured there is constant 9V on PIN2 of IC1, i guess this means the transistor is saturated all the time.. Why would it do this?
Do you see R6 that normally pulls pin2 of both 555s up to 9VDC? Do you see C2 between the collector of the first transistor and pin2 of both 555s that blocks DC at the collector from pulling down the pin2 voltage of both 555s?

At rest pin2 of both 555s are at +9V by R6. The collector of the first transistor should be biased at about +6.2V to +8.8V because it must be able to swing down to 3V or lower in order to trigger the pin2 of both 555s.

You should measure the collector voltage of the first transistor because it is not biased properly. Some transistors will be saturated and some transistors will be cutoff and will be affected by the temperature. It needs a bypassed emitter resistor and its base voltage divider adjusted to be biased correctly.

Did you add a "power-up reset circuit" to reset the counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back