Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clap Switch Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

I got a few questions about this circuit.

1. Will any npn, pnp transistors work with this circuit? Like 3906 and 3904 transistors? what can i use as replacements instead of the ones in the schematic?

2. What is the relay used for in this circuit? and can i use a 12v mini relay instead?

3. Finally. The Diodes i have are 1N914 type can these be used?

I think thats all the questions I have. Thanks! :)

1) Insted of BC148 you can use BC547 or BC548. You can't use PNP instead of NPN over here.
2) Since the circuit works on 6V DC, you can't connect a 12V relay, it just won't get energised. But you can try running the circuit on 12V DC and see if it works. I personally have not done this but you can give it a try.
3) The diodes shown are 5.1V 250mW zener diodes and 1N914 is a normal PN Junction diode so you can't use it.

Thanks for the reply kinjalgp. I did some searching for parts but i can't seem to find the parts i need.

Will a 2N3904 NPN transistor work instead? I can't find the transistors in that schematic anywhere. I searched digikey and the only store in my area that sells stuff like this. these are the transistors they carry...will any of these work?

**broken link removed**

I also found this relay that they carry "MODE SPDT 6VDC 3AMP RELAY 50-331-0" and I found some 1WATT 5.1 Volt Zener diodes that I found in my electronics box. Are these suitable replacements?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just getting annoyed with all this. I have so many questions and so little of them get answered and when they do it just leaves me with even more questions. rrrrrr.

thanks though!

I think 2N3904 should work.
You can use 5.1V 1W zener insted of 250mW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back