Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Troubles - Connecting DTMF Decorder to Phone Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee_man_tbu

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could look at the attached circuit and see if it looks ok, and will work for my application.

My application is too use an MT8880 IC (Controlled by a PIC MCU) too send and receiver DTMF signals. I know the Components attached too the MT8880 are correct(from data sheets) I am just unsure of how i am suppose to connect that IC too the phone line

I used a part of an schematic i found on the net and just wondering if anyone could look at it and see if i am missing anything, ie isolation. The parts that i am unsure of is the Transformer (or what type too use), what kind of relay i should use and why i need the 1N4148 diode(which i borrowed from someone else on the net).

Also, i am unsure of where i should attach a speaker too this system.

Any help on this matter would be great

Thanks

lee Stoner

P.S.
It is in Autocad .dwg format, if another type is required let me know

Attachments

• Schematic_192.jpg
    Schematic_192.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 500
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads