Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit to control camera via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkrja

Hi,
I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm in the right place with this question.

I know that it's possible to make software in VisualBasic for controlling some digital cameras via their USB-port. The problem is that you need the computer to control the camera from. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to program a small circuit and connect that to the camera's USB-port and control it from there instead.

Can anyone give me a hint on how I should begin with this?

thanks
/Kristian

xkrja said:
Hi,
I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm in the right place with this question.

I know that it's possible to make software in VisualBasic for controlling some digital cameras via their USB-port. The problem is that you need the computer to control the camera from. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to program a small circuit and connect that to the camera's USB-port and control it from there instead.

Can anyone give me a hint on how I should begin with this?

USB is VERY complicated, and most micro-controllers that implement it only do slave, you need a host USB controller - even more complicated!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back