circuit stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricity86

Hello,
I have a chip - CC5461A - which measures voltage and current and transmit these measurements to a microcontroller by a SPI protocol.

The CC5461A is a part of a circuit that operates it (this circuit supplies the voltage and current to be measured, and supplies the voltages the CC5461A needs to operate).

When i built this mentioned circuit with through-hole resistors and capacitors, the chip worked fine,
but when i've built the circuit with SMT components, the chip transmitted the microcontroller wrong results.

i might add that at first i used thinner wires in the SMT circuit, but afterwards i replaced them in thicker wires (the ones i used in the through-hole circuit).

Could you please tell me differences between SMT and through-hole components, in any aspect you could think about? (noise, crosstalk, sensitivity, anything).
This could give me ideas of what changes should i make.

Thanks!

Size and thermals. And by extension power capacity. More like a miss wire (short or open) than a bad chip.

Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…