Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricity86

Hello,
I have a chip - CC5461A - which measures voltage and current and transmit these measurements to a microcontroller by a SPI protocol.

The CC5461A is a part of a circuit that operates it (this circuit supplies the voltage and current to be measured, and supplies the voltages the CC5461A needs to operate).

When i built this mentioned circuit with through-hole resistors and capacitors, the chip worked fine,
but when i've built the circuit with SMT components, the chip transmitted the microcontroller wrong results.

i might add that at first i used thinner wires in the SMT circuit, but afterwards i replaced them in thicker wires (the ones i used in the through-hole circuit).

Could you please tell me differences between SMT and through-hole components, in any aspect you could think about? (noise, crosstalk, sensitivity, anything).
This could give me ideas of what changes should i make.

Thanks!

Size and thermals. And by extension power capacity. More like a miss wire (short or open) than a bad chip.

Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back