Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Graphics Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hello,

I had an idea about incorporating a circuit drawing tool into the ET forum. This would be similar to the text editor already being used with the exception that instead of typing text you could draw circuit symbols and entire circuits. The result would be a gif format that would be of small size for these kinds of line drawings and would automatically get posted just like the text does without uploading anything like a graphics file.

Circuit symbols could range from resistors to capacitors and transistors, multi lead ICs and stuff like that. Pasting could include just about anything graphic to allow geometric drawings too for example. I know this wouldnt be that easy to do, but it would be very nice to have on a mostly electronics site like this.

That sounds a very useful feature if you could get it to work OK.

A good idea!

JimB

Something like latex script you're thinking on?

Yes I like this idea to :)

Hi again,

Grossel:
Well, not a script, but an actual graphics editor like MS Paint or better built right into the 'Reply' type window. Right now we type text, but below that (just for example) could be a graphics window for drawing with a menu or something with lots of electronic symbols.
I know it's not the simplest thing to do, but it would be great.

One of the members here and on AAC, Quietman (Bill Marsden), has a MSPaint -based circuit drawing application on ACC.

Last edited:
Hello,

What is AAC and/or ACC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back