Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Diagram/Schematic for HCSA-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy2k3

I have a SMPSU which controls a height adjustable desk. input 230V AC, Output 24V DC.

The PSU died. Symptoms: just blew fuse in mains (230V). As the mains is a bit dodgy sometimes I replaced fuse - symptoms the same.

Internally the PSU has a lot of yellow potting compound on many components, which is a pig to deal with.
Board is made by NAO technologies, board number HCSA-200 Rev A.
One resistor (PR2) (looks to be a half watt size) shows heat damage around the potting compound, but as I have no diagrams find it difficult to start diagnosis.
Emailing company has no reply.
Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone have any schematics/circuit diagrams?

If the mains fuse blew, then you should check the Mosfets, rectifier diodes, and the main smps control chip. :)

It looks to me that your power supply is a SMPS, or a Switch Mode Power Supply.
Unfortunately, these SMPSs are very complex! :(

P.S. It is helpful to post some pictures too ;)

If the mains fuse blew, then you should check the Mosfets, rectifier diodes, and the main smps control chip. :)

It looks to me that your power supply is a SMPS, or a Switch Mode Power Supply.
Unfortunately, these SMPSs are very complex! :(

P.S. It is helpful to post some pictures too ;)

Thanks - as noted in my original post it is indeed a SMPS, and checking stuff in-circuit is not the easiest thing to do when I can't input AC, and half the components are under potting compound.
I've managed to find a few datasheets for individual components, but it looks like I may have to do it the tedious way and create a circuit diagram myself

It is lot easier to buy a DC24V SMPS off the shelf because it is cheap and saves you big time & trouble of an adventure with less hope for success.

It is lot easier to buy a DC24V SMPS off the shelf because it is cheap and saves you big time & trouble of an adventure with less hope for success.

Thanks for the reply, but this is a 24V 8 Amp supply, so not so cheap to replace.
I have dismantled some of the PSU, having spent ages getting rid of most of the potting compound.
I had to dismantle it to get to the component I suspect - the damn potting compound had caused one of the power resistors to fry).
Whether that is the underlying cause is unknown, but at least I can start to troubleshoot properly; first job is replace the resistors and put it under load.

I created a circuit diagram, the only thing missing is the internals of the IC, but I think I found a suitable equivalent I can look at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back