Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit board help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamray7

Hi. I am new and I really need help :) I know absolutely nothing about circuit boards or how they work. I hope this makes sense. You know how phones have a page button? Well that is what I need a board for. I don't need the whole phone circuit board, just the 2 boards for the page button system. Like the speaker one and the one that has the button you press. I don't need the case or anything, justt he boards. How can i go about getting just those specific boards or how do I make them? Then once I get them how do I make them work? Sorry, I really have no clue. I don't really want to say exactly what they are for, but that is what I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Alicia

A low power paging system is just a microphone and an audio amplifier that drives a speaker. The microphone might need a preamplifier circuit.

Buy a little amplifier kit, buy a little microphone (and a preamplifier kit that matches it) and buy a little speaker.

Then page until you turn blue in your face.

Audioguru, I think you misunderstood what he was asking for.

He's looking for something like a keyfinder circuit. Where you have a small button cell powered receiver with a piezo speaker/buzzer and when you push a button on a transmitter board the reciever board sounds a moderately loud beep or buzz which persists until it is canceled by a second transmitter or a reset button on the receiver.

I've been thinking of making a pair of these for my fiance who always looses her keys, but I havent bothered to sit down and figure out the power requirements. I think that it may be difficult to make it last long enough on a single battery, but I could be wrong.

Adam or Alicia (he or she?) didn't mention that the phone is lost. He or she also didn't say it must be wireless.
So what Adam or Alicia needs is a radio transmitter and a radio receiver. If he-she studies electronics for a few years then he-she will be able to design them.

My daughter bought a Chinese keys-finder at The Dollar Store.
She wanted me to fix it because it beeped whenever she talked or whenever the TV was playing. Inside there was a black blob for a special IC, a couple of resistors and a piezo beeper. I couldn't fix it because the special IC was designed wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back