Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit board debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

I'm currently working on installing my circuit boards for my leds into my car, I'm having a hell of a time getting them to work.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with a solder joint going bad due to the circuit board flexing?

Also, with debuggin my circuit, I did something that caused some of the shift registers to get hot, does this mean that they are bad now?

My boss had some problems with this at his old company. Aparently if you solder your DIP components starting from the center pin and working your way out the solder joints are more resistant to flexing. The qualitative test is twisting the board: if there is a lot of squeeking then the board wil be prone to failure.

I did something that caused some of the shift registers to get hot, does this mean that they are bad now?
Its worth testing to make sure that they are ok. Depending on what the bad condition was they may or may not be damaged. ICs are fairly tough though.

I got it figured out, turns out a couple of connections were shorting out in my ribbon cable connectors.
and when I was having the shift registers over heating, it turns out that my ground connection disconnected, and it must have been grounding through some of the pins in the SR's that I had grounded, like the select pins.

Thanks for the suggestion on the dip's, I'll have to keep that in mind next time

hi i need u r help if u don`t mind?????

hi how r ub doin i hope u ok i`m sami radwan from APU i`m studing electronic and telecom engineering so would i want to show me how i can know about quizes of CCT(circuit) projects and many things that i can by thees thing to be improovement in this kind of edu???plz help me???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back