Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Christmas Package Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

TV News has been showing videos of Christmas package theft people are feed up with this they are booby trapping their packages leaving them for someone to steal. Video are funny I hope they are uploaded to YouTube.

There are 2 teenage boys 17 & 18 in the neighbor hood that are the midnight terror every night when it gets dark. Video camera quality is so poor charges keep getting dropped judge says, that could be anyone. Police will not take finger prints they claim they have more serious crime to deal with. About 15 cars have broken windows and items stolen, houses get broken into when people are gone, garage and out buildings have been broken into, items in the yard stolen, now front porch Christmas packages are missing. I put a 74,000 MFD 200 VDC capacitor in a Large Flat rate postage box with contacts on all 4 sides I have been leaving it on front porch every night at 10 pm. This morning I found the box 10 ft from the front porch.

LOL a thief got zapped last night. Wish I had video. LOL

Hope you don't find a corpse.

Booby trapping is against the law in the US. A simple scare might not get you into any trouble, but if there is any injury, you will not have a good defense.

You might try a fluorescent dye on or in the packages or keep copies of all serial numbers for the stuff inside.

How did you wet the thief's winter gloves with salt water??

Weather has not been cold here 60s every day no one needs gloves. Thumb tacks sticking through the cardboard from the inside works good. It is very rare to see someone with gloves when it gets cold in TN. No matter how cold it gets at night it almost always warms up to 50s & 60s during the day. I never wear gloves I don't own any gloves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back