Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing transistors for h-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I need two h-bridges to control two wheelchair motors. The motors draw about 7A, so to be safe let's say the transistors need to handle 10A (at 24V). What is a good transistor to use for such a purpose? Is it true that mosfets are better for this type of application? If so, which ones should I be looking at?

(I haven't worked with many different types of transistors before, does anyone know of a website which compares the various types and gives direction on choosing a specific component?)

A DC motor draws up to 10 times its running current when it starts or when it is working hard. It works very hard when it is stopped then starts but a little stone under a wheel is blocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back