Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choosing an oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the ability to mooch or exchange services for the usage of someone else's scope on occasion - maybe someone local to you has one that you could use. I always abused my friends in my old town for woodshop usage, in exchange they got to abuse me for my electronics and computer based electroacoustic software (we were all speaker builders and stereo DIY'ers; they had a couple of grand in their woodshops, I had a couple of grand in my electronics measurement & design stuff). 'twas mutually beneficial.

Don't forget the ability to mooch or exchange services for the usage of someone else's scope on occasion - maybe someone local to you has one that you could use. I always abused my friends in my old town for woodshop usage, in exchange they got to abuse me for my electronics and computer based electroacoustic software (we were all speaker builders and stereo DIY'ers; they had a couple of grand in their woodshops, I had a couple of grand in my electronics measurement & design stuff). 'twas mutually beneficial.

There is not a damn person around here who even knows what the hell a resistor is; Let alone what the difference between analog and digital circuits. My school doesn't even own an o-scope! THEY DON'T EVEN OFFER AN ELECTRONICS COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Everytime i bug the school board, they just push me away making excuses for why we cannot have an electronics course. My school is more worried about sports than they are about anything else!

I taught myself programming, now i am trying to teach myself electronics... :eek:

Tektronix TDS210 or TDS1001B are good ones. You can buy them at around 400-600 USD on ebay.

If you are looking at simple digital circuits, maybe a simple logic analyser. There are plenty of circuits around, interfaced to a PC so no seperate screen is required.

I have looked into making a simple logic analyser. IMO, they are crap...

Marks256 said:
There is not a damn person around here who even knows what the hell a resistor is; Let alone what the difference between analog and digital circuits. My school doesn't even own an o-scope! THEY DON'T EVEN OFFER AN ELECTRONICS COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Everytime i bug the school board, they just push me away making excuses for why we cannot have an electronics course. My school is more worried about sports than they are about anything else!

I taught myself programming, now i am trying to teach myself electronics... :eek:
Haha lol. Sorry to go off-topic, but I am in your exact same boat :)

I have the inverse problem. No students. Most of them seem to lazy to do the work needed to learn to program.

That is a problem here as well. There are only two people in my school that know how to program; my friend and my self. Same with electronics. That is 2 students out of ~400.
Oh well. It is kinda nice being the only true geeks in this area. People kinda look up to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back