Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chip identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMT

Can anyone identify a sot23-6 chip I have on a malyan 3d printer that has quit working. I believe it to be backlight driver chip as it is by the diode and coil for the driver circuit. The sot23-6 chip is only marked 07AA with a r offset down. If you can I would appreciate it and could you tell me where you got the information so I will not have to bother anyone again when I run into this. I have been searching the web for days trying to find this chip. The machine manufacturer is of no help.Thanks in advance for any help. I even asked the manufacturer if they would just identify the chip and they would not!
Don

Attachments

• 07AA chip.jpg
    07AA chip.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 82
is the printer a reprap clone? if so, you should be able to get the schematic for it easily from several sources.

unclejed613:
Thanks for answering. No it is a Monoprice Mini and Made by Malyan. It is their rebranded M200 printer. Their customer service has been of no help so far, and the Monoprice people don't seem to have any information. I have waisted days just trying to just get any information on this chip to verify what is coming out it is correct or not as the screen seems to be blown and I can't get any information on it either!
Thanks again.

i found a company that sells parts for these, and the controller board at least is the same as the reprap printer. but the display board is quite a bit different. however, most of the hardware for reprap based printers is open source, and the machine manufacturers use the basic hardware, and change the construction of the machine to suit their market.

i would recommend looking at the reprap forum https://reprap.org/forum/ and see if anybody there can give you some specifics on the display PCB. i'm guessing that there's a schematic for it on github, since that's where most of the schematics for reprap clones reside. i'll try to do some digging later when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back