Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Providing a balanced diet is maintained, there's no reason why a vegan should be any less healthy than someone who eats meat as well. All of our dietary requirements can be found in plant sources.

Clearly the people you know are just generally unfit.

Veganism is a choice which anyone has the right to make for themselves without being ridiculed for it. It's not a choice I would make, but that doesn't make it an invalid choice.

Last edited:
ROFLMFAO! Amen! :D

I think I am going to do burgers for supper tonight now! :D
(out of tuna) ;):D

Thanks DK!

Funny Thread.

I was having a bit of trouble I'm not good at internet acronyms.

What the is ? ROFLMFAO

So, I looked it up.

**broken link removed**

Now I get it:p

kv:D

I was vegan for a year and it felt great :)
It hurts to see that people can laugh at the death of an animal...
Perhaps I will start a new thread tomorrow regarding this issue.

I was vegan for a year and it felt great :)
It hurts to see that people can laugh at the death of an animal...
Perhaps I will start a new thread tomorrow regarding this issue.

To let you know when having a laugh it's all in jest. Nothing about the whole thing to live in a moment. However, maybe our life is way to serious for us all.

I eat meat they say it will be the death of me and when I die I will become food for the plants.bizarre.

Life is interesting. But, death is bizarre and awkward. Hard to understand and sad. Life must gone on, soon we will all end up like dinosaurs. The earth is an organism in the vastness of space and will consume us all.;)

kv

First, I cannot understand why some people with "alternative tastes" think they are under attack, all the time.

I don't care about other people's preferences about food. Eating meat doesn't mean that I love to watch how cows and chickens are killed. I'm gonna explain that with a real life example:

My best friend is vegetarian. I do my best to annoy him everytime he refuses to eat a piece of chicken. He also annoys me, calling the food I eat garbage. But he never cryed for that. Neither I.

Why? Because

We are watching a very good football game
We don't have time to analize the precise method used for killing the chicken I'm eating.
We don't have time to think about the killing of the vegetables that he loves.
We have more things to do instead of philosophical discusions.

Maybe the people that keeps fueling those debates have too much spare time!

A little message for all those hippies: If you are concerned about the animal cruelty, become a politician and make laws to protect them. If you are tired of the polluted air, become an engineer and find another type of engine. Stop crying.

I'm also tired of those self called "revolutionary" people, making graffiti inside the bathroom walls, saying i.e. "Bush should be dead" or "FREEDOM FOR IRAK".

Will George W. Bush ever see that particular bathroom? No.
Will the graffiti give them freedom? No!

It will put more workload on the Maintenance workers to clean the wall.

Making a fight about veganism inside a forum will not stop the animal cruelty. Open your eyes: Some people KILLS animals just for pleasure, and leave them in the road. Little kids may be killing a hamster, hitting a dog, or burning ants, right now. What do you do against them?

Last edited:
Another example: Some guy stops bathing for a week, to preserve the water. Other guy walks in the dark for one hour, to preserve electricity. Meanwhile, a huge factory consumes 500% more water and 500% electricity than the 2 guys, every second. And pollutes 1000% more too!!!

People tends to like silly solutions, to get peace of mind. But do nothing about the real problem.

That's why Earth-day, Shut-off-the-lights-for-an-hour campaigns, Greenpeace, PETA, ETA and all those guys... make me laugh

PS: You will say I'm an unuseful guy who only criticizes and don't post solutions. You are right by now. But In the future, If I find the solution and become a millionaire, I promise I will give you some credits too.

Last edited:
Chickens may have these kind of great capabilities. We have too!

Now you tell somebody to elevate or rotate your body at any direction. I'm sure your 'eyes' will be pointing only to this pic at any cost :)
**broken link removed**

Looks very greasy. Not wetting my appetite.

I think there are a few types of Vegans. The one's that do it to lower meat fat, and the one's that think it is wrong to eat animals.

I have no argument for either choice, I like eating meat so I will continue to do so.

Last edited:
Did you notice that today's chickens are full of fat like pork used to be?
Today's fat chickens can barely walk but before when they were lean they flew around?

Kentucky Fried Chicken is now called KFC because they don't want the word FRIED.
It is actually Kentucky Fried Cholesterol.

Did you notice that today's chickens are full of fat like pork used to be?
Today's fat chickens can barely walk but before when they were lean they flew around?

Kentucky Fried Chicken is now called KFC because they don't want the word FRIED.
It is actually Kentucky Fried Cholesterol.

Hell yeah, last time I visited KFC I felt great. But Some hours later, a terrible nausea invaded me. Maybe excess of grease spoiled my stomach. The illness extended for all the day and night.

That's why I say, the best place to cook and eat chicken is your own house.
Using new oil and clean kitchen instruments. Buying the ingredients in renamed places, and cheking them by yourself. Better than eating McDonalds or KFC mutant shapeless things!!!

That reminds me the rural areas of my country, where chickens run freely eating earth worms, seeds and stuff like that. No chemical thrash. I miss that taste.

I love the way this conversation went from marvelling at the way they can keep their heads completely still while moving, to how they taste. :D

I think thats how our ancestors worked it out too!

Caveman 1; Well thats an interesting way that critter behaves!
Caveman 2; Yea l see that, but what else can it do?
Caveman 3; Its too small to ride and it fights back so I dont know.
Caveman 1; Wonder what it tastes like?
Caveman 2; Ive got a rock and a pointy stick!
Caveman 3; I'll make a fire!

Caveman 1,2 & 3; Mmm! Tastes like chicken! :D:D

Caveman 4; But I only eat vegetables. :mad:
Caveman 1,2 & 3; Here chew on the pointy stick. It needs sharpening again. :p
Caveman 4; But thats rude.
Caveman 1; Then go and gather stuff and make some barbecue sauce!:p

Caveman 4 runs away crying (and takes the stick with any way). :( :p

Caveman 4 comes back with cavemen 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, and the freshly-sharpened pointy stick. They leave no survivors.

Sounds about right for a vegan and his friends. Killing animals is bad but killing humans to prevent the killing of animals is Okay. :confused:

Since they used a pointy stick and not a pointy animal bone thats what makes it acceptable right? Being no animals were harmed in order to do the killings. ;) :D

Vegans don't necessarily have a problem with killing animals, just with eating them or their products. I have a vegetarian friend who, in his words, would happily kill an animal, as long as he doesn't have to eat it. :D apparently he just doesn't like the taste.

Granted that most actual vegans choose to be vegans out of concern for animals rather than other reasons.

Still, it can be slightly hypocritical sometimes. Another of my vegetarian friends carefully makes sure any gelatin-based sweets etc. she eats use pectin rather than meat gelatins, but decided to "forget" that she'd heard that a lot of alcoholic beverages also involve animals.

Either way I stand by the fact that vegetarianism and veganism are personal choices and people should not be ridiculed for a personal decision. Can we leave the mocking of vegans behind now please?

This is why I like this site.

I think thats how our ancestors worked it out too!

Caveman 1; Well thats an interesting way that critter behaves!
Caveman 2; Yea l see that, but what else can it do?
Caveman 3; Its too small to ride and it fights back so I dont know.
Caveman 1; Wonder what it tastes like?
Caveman 2; Ive got a rock and a pointy stick!
Caveman 3; I'll make a fire!

Caveman 1,2 & 3; Mmm! Tastes like chicken! :D:D

Caveman 4; But I only eat vegetables. :mad:
Caveman 1,2 & 3; Here chew on the pointy stick. It needs sharpening again. :p
Caveman 4; But thats rude.
Caveman 1; Then go and gather stuff and make some barbecue sauce!:p

Caveman 4 runs away crying (and takes the stick with any way). :( :p

Good one. :p:p:p

LMAO Chicken Soup for the Soul.

buc buc

kv:D

Status