Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check out music from a scanner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish someone would show these video guys how to hold a microphone next to the thing they want us to hear! :mad:

I got the sound all the way up and everything maxed out and I can hear the guys talking in the back ground better than I can hear the scanner.

The guy that did it first was a mad genius, but that was years ago. But still a nifty little gag project. It should be pretty easy to program, all you need to do is move the scan head to a bias point in the middle and change the stepping rate to match the frequency you want. Only slightly more difficult than doing it on a speaker.

The guy that did it first was a mad genius, but that was years ago. But still a nifty little gag project. It should be pretty easy to program, all you need to do is move the scan head to a bias point in the middle and change the stepping rate to match the frequency you want. Only slightly more difficult than doing it on a speaker.

Easy for you to say.:rolleyes:

We sort of tried to theorize maybe how someone would arrive at that.

Thanks,

kv:)

I've listened to many flatbed scanners, different resolutions require different scanner speeds, which produce different audible frequencies, someone just put 1 and 1 together and hijacked the stepper to make music.

If you tap into the electromagnet coil drive that moves the head assy on a hard drive and feed an audio signal directly into it they play music rather well too!

Getting sound out of stepper motors works the same way also.

People still get a kick out of it! :D

If square waves make guitar fuzz and guitar fuzz isn't music, then doesn't that mean guitars don't make music? You're using some circular logic there audioguru =)

Look at the harmonics an acoustic guitar puts out... There's a VERY fine line between noise and music =)

Its all in the ear of the listener! I like many forms of guitar. Some full acustic, some electric and some very heavy in the distorion! Just depends on the song!

Music is by definition an art form. And art has no boundries!

There is that old old saying, If you dont like it, dont listen to it!

Best one yet! The first saftey disclaimer was great too! :p

I may have to write that one up and put it on the back of my business cards! :D

Scanner sounds like square waves to me, too.

I think the tesla coil actually sounds worse than the scanner. With all that "BRAPP-P-P" sound in there, it's probably more like a series of impulse functions than anything approaching music.

Perhaps if a loud scanner played in harmony with a relatively quiet tesla coil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back