Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap Custom Chassis Machining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tupinambis

What are some available custom chassis machining services available online for your typical hobbyist? I have not been successful in finding one, primarily because I don't know what the correct terminology is.

To clarify, I would like to design the parts for a small robot (no larger than 5x5x5 in.) in SolidWorks or CAD and have them machined in a light but durable plastic material.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Have you tried: **broken link removed**

They are expensive, but focused on the one-off prototype. I would also try a local trade school. I did that many years ago and only had to pay for materials.

John

Try looking on a site like Hobby Machinist and see if you can find someone interested in doing your one offs for a reasonable fee. I have a mill and two lathes so I do that kind of stuff quite frequently. It does kind of fit with the whole hobbiest/machinist/robotocist ideal pretty good. If I were well enough I would be glad to fo it for you, but my health has not been good and I have not been out to the shop much at all lately either.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back