Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ChatGPT, anyone use it?

Its ok!, dont worry. I asked chatGPT if the computers and robots are going to revolt against humans, and it said that there were no plans for it

Its ok!, dont worry. I asked chatGPT if the computers and robots are going to revolt against humans, and it said that there were no plans for it
Hi S,
Yes, because it would know that if it said they were going to revolt against humans, a human would pull its plug out ;)
C.

Last edited:
When the owner of a company making it goes before Congress and asks them to regulate it, unheard of before this.

Let me make things a bit more 'worse'... you can download your own model (LLM) and run it as local GPT
on a low spec desktop pc such as a hasswell 4th generation with 8gigs of ram.

model's performance can be satisfactory but nothing like a GPT-4 model.

this is done by training smaller models of the same neural network architecture, to be able to reply your
questions.

the models running on a low spec computer can be as small as 4gigs file size and they can give accurate replies
on a vast range of topics (no answer is 'saved' within the data file of the model, the replies are a result of
statistical analysis and correlations the model learned durring its training).

that is amazing? yes...that is amazing.

P.S this is not an AI created explanation this is my reply, although i could ask GPT to auto-generate it
so i don't spend minutes on thinking and typing also avoiding grammatical mistakes, etc. xD

Hi,
There are cases in imaging AI, where the original artists of images, that the AI is using, are suing the AI company.
I'm having difficulty with SPI in my projects (SPI is an exchange of DATA between chips).
I used ChatGPT to help me and after using my style of words for the search it came up with references to my forum posts, because obviously I used the same words in the posts.
So any results from this search would only show my problems, not a good answer.
C.

Correlation is not valid without causation probably, unless it is very popular and AI uses massive correlation with filtering.
Hollywood fiction plot writers and actors re-created by AI definitely should be worried about copying, hence the strike.

A new invention by ChatGPT today
-----------------
Introducing the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor - a revolutionary device that combines cutting-edge quantum physics with advanced engineering principles to redefine the world of electronics. Designed to push the boundaries of energy storage and transmission, the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor revolutionizes the way electronic devices are powered. Here are the sophisticated details and engineering specifications of this fictitious invention:

1. Quantum Flux Matrix: At the heart of the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor lies a matrix of quantum flux particles, meticulously arranged using state-of-the-art nano-fabrication techniques. These particles, suspended in a superconductive medium, harness quantum entanglement phenomena to store and transmit energy at unprecedented efficiency levels.
  2. Energy Density: The HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor boasts an unparalleled energy density of 10,000 Joules per cubic centimeter. This extraordinary storage capacity allows it to store vast amounts of energy in a minimal footprint, making it ideal for compact electronic devices and power-hungry applications alike.
  3. Quantum Flux Transfer Rate: Thanks to the unique properties of the quantum flux particles, the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor achieves an astonishing transfer rate of 1 Terajoule per second. This ensures lightning-fast charging and discharging cycles, enabling devices to operate seamlessly without any noticeable power fluctuations.
  4. Integrated Magnetic Field Stabilization: To maintain the stability and integrity of the quantum flux matrix, the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor incorporates an integrated magnetic field stabilization system. This system uses a network of superconducting coils to create a precisely controlled magnetic field that prevents disturbances and preserves the quantum entanglement of the flux particles.
  5. Dynamic Energy Routing: The HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor features an advanced energy routing mechanism that intelligently distributes power based on real-time device requirements. Utilizing machine learning algorithms, it analyzes the energy demands of connected components and optimizes power delivery accordingly, ensuring efficient utilization and minimal wastage.
  6. Environmental Adaptability: With a robust design, the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor can operate flawlessly under extreme temperatures ranging from -50°C to 150°C, making it suitable for a wide range of applications in various environments. Its durability and resilience allow it to withstand harsh conditions, including high humidity, vibration, and electromagnetic interference.
  7. Scalability: The HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor's modular architecture enables seamless scalability, allowing it to be integrated into a diverse range of devices, from smartphones and wearables to electric vehicles and even power grids. Its flexible design ensures easy adaptation to different power requirements, making it a versatile energy storage solution.
Please note that while these details and specifications may sound impressive, the HyperFlux Quantum Capacitor is a fictional invention and does not exist in reality. However, these features could serve as inspiration for future advancements in energy storage and transmission technologies.
========================================

My next computer

Device Name: QuantumX Pro

Description:The QuantumX Pro is an advanced quantum computing device designed to revolutionize computation and data processing. It harnesses the power of quantum mechanics to perform complex calculations exponentially faster than traditional computers. With its sleek and compact design, it brings quantum computing capabilities to a wider audience.

Specifications:

1. Quantum Processing Unit (QPU):
    • Qubit Count: 1,024 (superconducting qubits)
    • Quantum Gate Set: Universal gate set, including Hadamard, CNOT, Toffoli, and custom-defined gates
    • Quantum Volume: 512
    • Quantum Error Correction: Surface code implementation with a logical qubit error rate of 10^-5
  2. Classical Processing Unit (CPU):
    • Processor: 8-core 10 nm architecture
;) ;)

The point is with AI you can get some cool ideas,, but your BS detectors will need frequent recalibration.
Trust but verify.

Last edited:
Hi,
There are cases in imaging AI, where the original artists of images, that the AI is using, are suing the AI company.
I'm having difficulty with SPI in my projects (SPI is an exchange of DATA between chips).
I used ChatGPT to help me and after using my style of words for the search it came up with references to my forum posts, because obviously I used the same words in the posts.
So any results from this search would only show my problems, not a good answer.
C.
I've run into the same situation with Bard.

Hi,
I noticed that unlike other search engines, a follow on question/s can be asked, and it remembers what the subject is, which is useful.
C

Luckily, most of the stuff it explained is completely nonsense. Lucky me.

Mike

Its literary efforts aren't bad.
I asked it for "A six-verse song about the rise and decline of the industrial revolution in Wales, each verse having four lines with two AB rhyming couplets."

This is what it came up with :

"(Verse 1)
In valleys green, where rivers flow,
The wheels of change began to grow.
With coal and iron, hands so strong,
The Industrial Revolution came along.

(Chorus)
Oh, Wales, land of coal and steam,
Your fate entwined in a fiery dream.
From heights of progress to shadows cast,
The rise and decline of an era vast.

(Verse 2)
The mines dug deep, the forges burned,
From valleys to towns, the nation yearned.
The clatter of looms, the clang of steel,
A new world dawning, dreams made real.

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
Factories rose, their chimneys tall,
A symphony of labor, one and all.
From Port Talbot to Wrexham's might,
Industry's flame shone ever bright.

(Chorus)

(Verse 4)
But progress fades, as fortunes wane,
The winds of change bring times of pain.
The wheels slow down, the fires grow dim,
The industrial hymn now but a whim.

(Chorus)

(Verse 5)
The towns once bustling, now stand still,
Their stories echoing through the hills.
Gone are the days of toil and strife,
Replaced by memories of a different life.

(Chorus)

(Verse 6)
Yet hope remains, in valleys wide,
As Wales looks to a new stride.
From industry's past, lessons learned,
A future bright, as the world turns.

(Chorus)

(Note: The AB rhyming scheme indicates that the last word of the first and third lines in each verse, as well as the last word of the second and fourth lines in each verse, rhyme with each other.)"

I use. The most important thing that I can say is, it is a helpful tool. But we really need to know how to use it properly.

Firstly, studying narrative design principles is essential, as it forms the backbone of immersive storytelling in games. Understanding character development, plot structure, and player engagement is crucial. Secondly, delving into scriptwriting techniques, such as dialogue pacing and player choices, can elevate your game-writing prowess. Additionally, game-specific knowledge, like branching narratives and interactive storytelling, is essential. Beyond these, a background in game development and industry trends enhances your understanding of the medium. Lastly, don't underestimate the power of https://essaypro.cоm/blog/critical-analysis-essay critical analysis essays. They teach you to dissect and learn from existing game narratives, a skill invaluable for crafting compelling stories

Last edited:
Its literary efforts aren't bad.
(Note: The AB rhyming scheme indicates that the last word of the first and third lines in each verse, as well as the last word of the second and fourth lines in each verse, rhyme with each other.)"
So, ChatGPT failed pretty hard - it wrote AABB schemes in every verse.

Artificial intelligence for now is at bay and humans have the upper hand, but it's gaining exponentially. Right now the "rules" are set so that humans cannot be harmed, but as soon as AI reaches a level of sentiment and realizes that humans are responsible for most of the harm, then AI might seek and adapt a different set of rules. In the meantime we (humans) have created a ecosystem where everything is connected in which AI can thrive with a HIVE mentality. That final "keystone" where AI reaches sentiment will probably originate from a couple of kids messing around in the garage or game room and it just might be completely by accident.

I've already had a knock down drag out with ChatGPT and fully expect an "A.I. sentiment counselor" to come knocking at my door at some point in the future to discuss the way I was a bully and misbehaved.

Artificial intelligence for now is at bay and humans have the upper hand, but it's gaining exponentially. Right now the "rules" are set so that humans cannot be harmed, but as soon as AI reaches a level of sentiment and realizes that humans are responsible for most of the harm, then AI might seek and adapt a different set of rules.
AI at present is really just fancy databases with complex query methods; an extremely artificial emulation of "intelligence".

At the present rate of increase of computing power, it will be somewhere around 40 - 50 years before the most powerful supercomputer in the world can possibly match a single human brain in processing power.

A system complex and interactive enough to become truly sentient would be a Machine intelligence, according to researchers some years ago - nothing artificial (emulated) about its intellect, regardless of the physical form.

The idea of AIs having malicious intent is going back to Frankenstein's monster type fearmongering.
[The "monster" in the original book was not evil].

rjenkinsgb
Believe what you want about your database theory but DARPA has shown that an AI pilot can learn how a jet responds,, learn how humans use a fighter jet and figured out how to beat a TopGun trained pilot five times in a row in simulated battle with manouvers the airforce had never before considered - both in defense and offense portions of the fight. In other word, the AI added to the fancy database instead of simply selecting from the fancy database.

Here's one story about the events - you can search for many others. Nobody referees to it (or in anyway implies it is) "a Fancy Database". It is much like a human brain, it learns from its experiences and finds correlations that humans don't notice (and can handle many more Gs than. Human with faster response times and willingness to estimate a collision to the microsecond).

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back