Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charging LiPo battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer_fighting

I am using a LiPo battery, Lipo Battery 4400mAh 6S 22.2v 60C EXTREME PRO. If I only charge the LiPo battery when the voltage drop to 14 V, is that a bit too late? If I charge my battery at 14 V, does that will spoil my battery?

Your battery is 6S so it has 6 cells. Each cell averages 3.7V so the battery is rated at 22.2V.
Each cell is fully charged at 4.2V when the total voltage of the battery is 25.2V.
You need a "balanced" charger that measures the voltage of each cell.

If you stop charging when the battery voltage is only 14V then it does not harm the battery, it is simply not fully charged.

The discharging must stop when the battery voltage is 18.0V to 19.2V.

Your battery is 6S so it has 6 cells. Each cell averages 3.7V so the battery is rated at 22.2V.
Each cell is fully charged at 4.2V when the total voltage of the battery is 25.2V.
You need a "balanced" charger that measures the voltage of each cell.

If you stop charging when the battery voltage is only 14V then it does not harm the battery, it is simply not fully charged.

The discharging must stop when the battery voltage is 18.0V to 19.2V.

Sure, thanks for explaning. This is the first times that I charge the lipo battery. AG, do you have any websites which explains about LiPo batteries knowledge and features? It is great if you have one. Thanks.

Just Google for LiPo charging.

Another question can I charge my lipo battery thru discharge plug?
Yes if the battery is about 3.7V with a single cell.
No if the battery has more than one cell in series then the charger must use "balanced charging" by charging each cell separately with two wires per cell.

Thanks for the help. I have a Thunder Power TP425 that has 2 banana outputs to charge. I want to charge a 4S Lipo battery. How do I balance charge? I only see the pos/neg outputs connected to the discharge plug.

A 4S battery has four cells in series. A ThunderPower TP425C is a charger that can charge one to four cells in series. It does not balance the charge on the cells so one cell will probably become overcharged and blow up or catch on fire.
Read the operating instructions somewhere. A Balancer is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back