Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charger / power pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike47

Hi

I buy Broken Laptops and Repair them ( not all ! ) as a hobby , the question I have at the moment is that I have a Laptop repaired and ready to fire up , but I do not have the correct charger / power supply for it .

It requires a 19V 4.5A supply , now I have a couple of chargers but they have a 19.5V 4.5A output , would that extra 0.5 V make such a difference as to blow the Laptop ! .

thanks

spike

No guarantees of course but I'd try it. Nice Avatar by the way.

Hi Sceadwian

Thanks for your reply , I am very tempted to use the other power pack's but I still need a bit more info as to whether it will be ok , I am more or less 100% sure it will be , the reason I am dithering is that I checked the Voltage of the spare power packs I have and they showed one at 19.8V and the other at 19.9V , so I am talking about nearly a 1V difference now , yes I know I should just go and buy a new one for a couple of our £s , but I like to push and try things out its just me .

cheers

spike

You can put a power diode in seiese with it and drop .7 volts.

Hi 4pyros

Thanks for your reply , could you suggest a Power Diode that will do the job ! .

cheers

spike

Any rectifier diode rated for 5 or more amps will work just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back