Charger / power pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike47

Hi

I buy Broken Laptops and Repair them ( not all ! ) as a hobby , the question I have at the moment is that I have a Laptop repaired and ready to fire up , but I do not have the correct charger / power supply for it .

It requires a 19V 4.5A supply , now I have a couple of chargers but they have a 19.5V 4.5A output , would that extra 0.5 V make such a difference as to blow the Laptop ! .

thanks

spike

Hi Sceadwian

Thanks for your reply , I am very tempted to use the other power pack's but I still need a bit more info as to whether it will be ok , I am more or less 100% sure it will be , the reason I am dithering is that I checked the Voltage of the spare power packs I have and they showed one at 19.8V and the other at 19.9V , so I am talking about nearly a 1V difference now , yes I know I should just go and buy a new one for a couple of our £s , but I like to push and try things out its just me .

cheers

spike

You can put a power diode in seiese with it and drop .7 volts.

Hi 4pyros

Thanks for your reply , could you suggest a Power Diode that will do the job ! .

cheers

spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…