Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing frequency with 74HC14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW: I don't understand how you getting such a high frequency output with a 0.1uF cap and those pot values. It should be a factor of 10 less than that. Are the component values changed?

ops sorry, My mistake. I used a 47pF by mistake!!!!;)

Whoa, 47pF. That's okay. But, that would get the frequency onto the MHz. Now I'm really confused. :confused::)

now you can slap on my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1;):D:confused:
again i made a mistake (now this time a writing mistake) ........
I have used a cap 22 nF (222 code)...!!!!!!!!!!!
extremely sorry to make you confused.... really sorry..........

I have used 47 pF in my another circuit, so I just mixed up it with 74HC14 freq circuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get independent frequency and mark-space control with a four-gate circuit. Mark-space ratio is adjustable ~ 8% to 92%. If I can attach the schematic successfully it's here:
View attachment 69848

Edit: I used a CD40106 because of its symmetrical Schmitt threshold values. You could use a 74HC14 instead, but you might have to tinker with R1 and R4 values to allow for threshold asymmetry.

I just done it on the bread board but the frequency always fluctuate a lot.....
and i do it with 74HC14...

1) How much is "a lot" ?
2) Does your circuit have supply decoupling capacitors?
3) If your 3V supply is a battery is it a fresh battery and not overloaded by other circuits?
4) What values are you using for R1 and R4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back