Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CH376S USB host module not working with CP2102/NodeMCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guna Shekar G

I am trying to connect CH376S file manage and control chip with NodeMCU for USB to UART conversion. I am using the baud rate of 115200.
For sending command initially I have connected CP2102 to CH376S. If I send the command sequence via serial monitor, I am not getting any acknowledgement from CH376S.
I have written a small code in Arduino to receive anything that's written on serial monitor to display on serial monitor itself just to check whether TX and RX happening properly or not. Still no luck with the result.
The connections are: I am using it in serial mode by putting jumper wire. For setting to 115200 Baud, I have connected D4 and D6 to VCC, D5 to 0. And regular RX and TX connections.
I have attached the connections image. Please do refer thet.
Connections_CH376S.png

I am not receiving any acknowledgement from the device. It will be of great help if someone explains me what's the problem/mistake that I am doing or what extra settings i am supposed to do in order to make it work. Thanks in advance for any leads/help.

What board are you referring to? To me a NodeMCU is an ESP8266 board with serial via micro USB.

Mike.

Yes, NodeMCU is an espressif based ESP WROOM -32 . I have tried using CP2120 directly with the module to check the UART functionality and also tried with Arduino UNO. Still no luck in getting response from the CH376S module.

H1 connector is as follows.. top = Parallel/ serial and bottom = RS232 connector. If you want SPI the S_P should be set to serial not parallel as you have it.

Hi, thanks for reply. I don't want SPI and also I have tried all the combinations with the H1 connector to receive serial data from module to ESP32. But didn't get any acknowledgement from the CH376S module for any of the combinations.

You know this is a USB host interface?? You may be needing a USB / serial to PC device... The device you have is for USB control over USB stick etc..

If you want simple USB / UART you need one of these
1607597364289.png

TTL out USB in...

You know this is a USB host interface?? You may be needing a USB / serial to PC device... The device you have is for USB control over USB stick etc..

If you want simple USB / UART you need one of these
View attachment 128434

TTL out USB in...

The module that I have is also a USB host to UART converter where USB will act as a data host and by using USB Host-UART bridge I am suppose to send data to ESP WROOM 32(using regular TX and RX method). If you have any other module which works on the same, please do suggest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back