Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CH340G driver for cheap Chinese Arduinos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Clyde , Don't have anything xxxx-uino :p but have a USB serial with this IC , Cheers ,
CH340G.jpg

Hi,

Yeah i found that out a while back, but what is good news is that once installed it works pretty well.
I'll see as time goes on, but looks good so far.

Only strange thing is that when i plug the Nano with the chip into a different USB port, it wants to and does install it as a different COM port again. It starts at about COM 5, then works it's way up. It's up to about COM 24 now.

On the Arduino forum they are talking about issues with 1.8.11.
I have a good working older version on my Windows 10 computer but I don’t want to mess it up.
Has anyone found the CH340 driver for Windows XP? I am thinking mine is 32 bit because it doesn’t say 64 bit anywhere.
I installed Arduino 1.8.0 hoping they had that driver built in by now. It still doesn’t recognize an UNO.

Edited to say: This CH341ser driver works on my old system.

Attachments

• CH341SER.zip
    188 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back