Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CH340 UART - USB Chip with Different Versions of Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSea

Most Helpful Member
Has anybody used the CH340 with a variety of Windows versions and found problems with any particular versions?

I have used one of these as a serial - com Port - interface and my client is complaining it doesn't work properly with Windows 7 but it's ok with his XP laptop. I've used it to my Windows 8 computer with good results, and interestingly, with a terminal emulator on my Android phone (with USB to Go).

Anybody know of any quirks with this chip?

Has anybody used the CH340 with a variety of Windows versions and found problems with any particular versions?

I have used one of these as a serial - com Port - interface and my client is complaining it doesn't work properly with Windows 7 but it's ok with his XP laptop. I've used it to my Windows 8 computer with good results, and interestingly, with a terminal emulator on my Android phone (with USB to Go).

Anybody know of any quirks with this chip?

Does this help: https://www.arduined.eu/ch340g-converter-windows-7-driver-download/

spec

Drivers don't se3m to be the issue

He's had unreliable option with Win7 with simple ASCII text. Lines start half way across the page or lines just go missing. I'm only communicating at 9600 baud, so speed shouldn't be an issue.

He's using Hypterterminal so there could be some setup issues.

Drivers don't se3m to be the issue

He's had unreliable option with Win7 with simple ASCII text. Lines start half way across the page or lines just go missing. I'm only communicating at 9600 baud, so speed shouldn't be an issue.

He's using Hypterterminal so there could be some setup issues.
Ahh, right.

spec

Hi John... I use a Windows 7 laptop with several different Chinese Arduino clones, which use the CH340, and I've never had a problem...

Good luck... Cheerful regards, Mike

Thanks for the info Mike. I don't think there's a hardware problem with the CH340.

CH340 works but your PC software always need to concern which comport the CH340 exists.Those chips won't assign comport in its eeprom. So when you remove the cable & plug to different USB port it uses different port.

There are some other different chip models which assigns comport number permanently.

Thanks. My customer has figured out a workable procedure. It would be much easier if the computer Port would stick.

It does work well with Android with USB To Go and a terminal emulator.

I've used them a bunch with xp all the way to windows 10 never any problems as long as you check to see witch com it's on.
And it works great with anything linux based which Android is. I love the little chip I got 10 of them for 10 cents each On ebay and they are great easy to add to anything.

There's CH340 chip in my Arduino Nano and it's working well with Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back