Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Central Heating circulation pump problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyrvf

Hi All, O.K. Just a very quick question, the circulation pump in my system is a Grundfos 25/40 series 3 speed pump, according to the latest specification Grundfos pump it is several years old, I had to get it spinning yesterday when I fired up the system for winter by removing the plug that accesses the pump impellor shaft and turning it for a couple of minutes with a screw driver in the direction of rotation, it wanted to go because there was resistance to my turning the impellor in the opposite direction and eventually off it went; until about 24 hours later when the radiators started getting cold, I tried the same routine to try to restart it but there is no resistance this time.

Question, the shaft bearings feel fine, there is power at the wall socket, but is it worth dismanteling the pump to see if it can be repaired or should I bite the bullet and buy the latest generation pump for about $110.00?

Here if the pump stops the house freezes and the pipes might brake. That makes $110 look good.
One winter the motor died and I used a drill motor for one day.

Hi Ron, I found the "trouble", it was the thermostat. or rather the temperature setting, it still gets to 75 farenheight here in the afternoons right now and the thermostat was set at about that so the system was shutting down the pump; hever having lived in a house with an oil fired heating system I di'nt know how it operated, ho hum one lives and learns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back